In 1905 the Australian College of Dentistry, along with its Dental Hospital were affiliated with a new faculty in the University, to offer a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (Dental Science from 1910).
The foundation Professor of Dental Science, F.C Wilkinson, was appointed in 1924. Two new professors were added in quick succession after World War II, Conservative Dentistry (C.H. Down) in 1949 and Dental Prosthesis (Henry F. Atkinson) in 1952. In 1955 the Chair of Dental Science, occupied by Arthur B.P. Amies since 1934 was renamed the chair of Dental Medicine and Surgery.
Amies held this position until 1968. Until 1963 when the long awaited Dental Hospital on the corner of Flemington Road and Royal Parade opened, students attended classes at the headquarters of the Australian College of Dentistry at 193 Spring Street. A Chair in Child Dental Health was created in 1973. It was taken up by Elsdon Storey who had been Professor of Conservative Dentistry since 1963.