Key 89: Centre for the Study of Higher Education 1968
In 1958 a wave of concern about rising failure rates and student welfare generally led the National Union of Australian University Students (NUAUS) to appoint an Education Research Officer stationed at the University of Melbourne. At the same time the University also appointed Don Anderson to also conduct research in this area. In 1961 Barbara Falk set up the University Teaching Project in the Faculty of Education to promote improvements in teaching and learning within the University; others involed included Professor Charles Moorhouse.
In 1968 this was brought together with the Education Research Office and the Audio-Visual Aids Centre (transferred to the University from the RAAF in 1944 under Newman Rosenthal) to become the Centre for the Study of Higher Education housed in the Audio-Visual Aids building, completed in 1957.