The Faculty of Agriculture expanded briefly to include a chair of Agricultural Chemistry held by Geoffrey W. Leeper from 1962-1969 and, more permanently, new chairs of Animal Husbandry (Derek E. Tribe) from 1966 and Plant Pathology (Lionel L. Stubbs) from 1969.
More recently the chairs have been redesignated Agriculture (Animal Science), Agriculture (Plant Science) and Animal Nutrition. A Chair of Agricultural Economics replaced that of Agricultural Chemistry in 1969 (A.G. Lloyd). A diploma of Agricultural Extension was available from 1966. Significant extensions to the accommodation for the Faculty were opened in 1955 and 1962.
A degree course in Forestry based on recognition of the course conducted by the School of Forestry at Creswick plus further study became available from 1941 within the Science Faculty.
In 1967 a four year degree course with entry from first year was established. The department transferred to a new Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry in 1973. An agreement with the Forests Commission finally established a single course of study partly conducted at Creswick from 1977. Ian S. Ferguson was appointed foundation Professor of Forest Science in 1981.
In 1963 the Faculty leased property and buildings on a former cattle stud Mt Derrimut in the outer western suburb of Deer Park near the ICI explosives factory. By 1964 the residential second year at Dookie College had been be relocated.
Facilities for pig, pasture and soil research were quickly established along with a Meteorology Centre, a Seismological Station for Geology, facilities for atmospheric research conducted by Professor Hopper of the RAAF Academy and an Agricultural Engineering Section. From 1976 the Faculty has had a close involvement with the Strathfieldsaye Estate in Gippsland, bequeathed to the University by Dr H.Clive Disher.